|Table Name||News launch Tables|
|Historical ‘A’ Tables (home data): past years and months|
|Employment circumstances Information launch (month-to-month) Current populace study (CPS)|
|Historical ‘B’ Tables (Establishment information): past years and months|
|Employment circumstances Information launch (month-to-month) Current work Statistics (CES)|
|Weekly Earnings Tables: past quarters|
|typical Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers Information Release (quarterly) Current Population Survey (CPS)|
|Union Affiliation Tables: past years|
|Union customers News launch (annual) Current populace study (CPS)|
|usage of Historical information Series by topic: past years and months|
|Browse work force, work, unemployment, as well as other data by subject Current populace study (CPS)|
- Series Report — now the series already identifier for the statistic you desire? Utilize this shortcut to retrieve important computer data. ( See files that are tab-delimited for series id codes. )
- LN series id list – labor pool data like the nationwide jobless price
- LE show id list – Weekly earnings and employees compensated hourly rates
- LU series id list – Union affiliation information
- FM series id list – Marital and household work force data
- Compressed files that are flat — For people who are interested all. Down load a compressed flat file associated with the entire LN database or big subset regarding the LN database.
Most-Requested CPS Tables
- Work status regarding the populace, 1940s to date (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by intercourse, 1970s to date (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by step-by-step age (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by academic attainment (HTML) (PDF)
- Work by detailed career, intercourse, race, and ethnicity that is hispanicHTML) (PDF)
- Median earnings that are weekly step-by-step career and intercourse (HTML) (PDF)
Most-Requested CPS Publications
- Handbook of practices
- Methodology for seasonally adjusting household labor force series that is national
- Modifications to household study population quotes
- Current Population Survey, design and methodology (Technical paper 77) (October 2019) (PDF)
- Earlier incarnations:
- Technical paper 66, 2006 (PDF) october
- Technical paper 63, revised March 2002 (PDF)
- Technical paper 63, March 2000 (PDF)
- Earlier incarnations:
Final Modified Date: 21, 2020 april
Folks Are Asking.
- Where can we get the jobless price for past years?
- How may be the jobless price associated with jobless insurance coverage claims?
- What exactly is adjustment that is seasonal?
- How come the national government gather statistics from the unemployed?
- Where perform some statistics result from?
- Exactly what are the fundamental ideas of work and jobless?
- That is counted as used?
- That is counted as unemployed?
CPS Special Notices
- BLS discovered errors in certain estimates when you look at the Profile regarding the Working Poor a number of reports. More Details
- The effect of this partial government that is federal from the Employment Situation for October 2013. More Details
CPS Associated Hyper Hyper Links
Relevant Hyper Hyper Links to Other BLS Information
- Information for CPS Participants
- What to anticipate if you have been plumped for to take part in the existing Population Survey.
- Employment, Hours, and profits from the CES survey (nationwide)
- Month-to-month data that are national detail by detail industry on employment, hours, and earnings of employees regarding the payrolls of nonfarm establishments.
- Neighborhood Unemployment Statistics
- Month-to-month and employment that is annual jobless, and work force information for Census areas and divisions, States, counties, towns, and several metropolitan areas, by host to residence.
- Nationwide Longitudinal Studies
- A few studies information that is gathering numerous points with time in regards to the work market and life experiences of six sets of US guys, ladies, and youth.
- Occupational Employment Statistics
- Information on work and wages for over 800 professions as well as for about 400 nonfarm companies for the nation, plus work-related information for States and metropolitan areas.
Other Helpful Links
- Census Bureau Population and Home Topics
- Census Bureau’s Home and Housing Statistics
- Money and Poverty Data
- Census Bureau Current Population Study
- Employment and Training Administration
- Weekly unemployment insurance coverage claims data
E Mail Us
Contact the Active Population Survey (CPS)
- Search CPS topics A to Z
- View CPS faq’s
State, city, and county labor pool information
Work force information for Census regions and divisions, states, counties, urban centers, and lots of towns and cities can be obtained individually through the geographic area jobless Statistics (LAUS) program. Contact LAUS by email or call (202) 691-6392.
Nationwide labor pool information
CPS economists can be obtained to work with you Monday through Friday (8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Eastern Time), excluding federal vacations.
- Call us by email
- Call us by phone: (202) 691-6378 To allow us to higher serve every one of our clients, please don’t submit email concerns and then phone when it comes to exact same information.
For advice about these topics that are special
- State, city, county, along with other area that is local through the geographic area jobless data (LAUS) program: (202) 691-6392 or email
- CPS use that is public files can be obtained through the Census Bureau
- BLS microdata estimation methodology for CPS: email
- CPS seasonal adjustment methodology: email